Taking steps toward Social Security Disability (SSD) does not have to be tedious or intimidating. Here we will discuss the process for you, including a list of necessary documents and information.
Schaffer & Associates LPA has served Toledo with various SSD and injury-related legal needs for decades. We also offer services throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Reach out to our office with any questions.
Know What You Need For A Successful Application
You may apply for SSD benefits by visiting a Social Security office or using an online application. You will need to meet certain criteria to be approved for benefits, including proof that your disability prevents you from everyday job duties.
There are several dates and details you will need to have ready for your application. It requires the following information:
- Date and location of your birth
- Details about marriage and divorce, including your spouse’s date of birth
- Details about any minor children or those disabled under age 22
- U.S. military service details
- Education information
- Present and previous 15 years of employment details
- General history of employment
- Bank details
- Doctors’ and medical professionals’ names
- Dates of medical treatments and other related information
Keep in mind that approval for SSD benefits will vary case-by-case. Our lawyers are ready to help if Social Security denies your benefits.